Friday, October 31, 2014

Family Time: "Up" for Halloween

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Halloween.  I don't know what it is exactly, maybe the combination of Fall weather, pumpkin everything, haunted houses, and the fact that you can dress up even as an adult, make it one of the most magical holidays.

When I was a little girl my mom almost always made my costumes. I think it was usually less expensive to do so, and even though I thought the store-bought costumes were really cool, the things my mom made always looked better and were much better quality.  I have yet to make any of our costumes from scratch, but I always find great things at the thrift store that, with a little tweaking and sewing, have made some great costumes. I know it's cheesy, but I love choosing themes each year, and lucky for me, I have a husband who is a good sport about it and I baby who is too young to know any different.

This year, we chose to dress as characters from Disney's Up. It was probably the most work I have spent on Halloween costumes yet (I should have counted the number of feathers I traced, cut and glued), but it was definitely worth it.







Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...