Monday, January 5, 2015

Reflections and a Happy New Year

I had the opportunity to travel with Phil and Luke to New Mexico to visit my family for Christmas. Luke and I flew down on Dec 16, Phil came later on the 23 and we all came back on Jan 3. While there, I took a break from my blog and my Etsy shop. I checked my email only occasionally and didn't spend any time reading the news or other blogs (something I usually do every morning). I only browsed Pinterest here and there and checked Facebook very little. In every sense of the word, I had a real vacation.
I found that I didn't really miss those things, and while I know that I will continue to use them in the future, it was satisfying to see that I could go without them and still enjoy my time with plenty to do. 
Christmas was lovely, as it always is. Luke really didn't know what was going on, but he was in a great mood and loved tearing up the wrapping paper. It was exciting to start really thinking about our own Christmas traditions, now that Luke is getting bigger (last Christmas he was only a month old and we didn't even buy him gifts). We have decided to implement the "four gift rule" and it was fun to start that for the first time. 
New Years is also one of my favorite times. I love making goals (no surprise there, considering my addiction to list making and organization), and New Years is always an exciting time for me to evaluate my life and think about what I can do to make it more productive and fulfilling in the coming months.
I'm looking forward to continue to use this blog to share my resolutions and projects. I hope that 2015 will be a year of happiness and growth, a year spent with family and friends, a year learning more about myself and my purpose. Here's to a great 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...